Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Don't Skimp Out On The Work

The title should say it all. The one thing that I see in the gym that people lack in is, work. I see people on the elliptical machine going at a relatively slow pace. Then I see others on the tread mill just walking the entire time at, again, a slow pace. In order for your body to actually burn fat and calories, the person needs to actually perform some harder work in order to get the heart rate up. If you are not getting the heart rate up, then you might as well just stay home and sit on the couch.

I caught myself starting to take the easy way out and just do some little walking here and there and also do some lifting at a relatively slow pace. Last Monday, I started to kick it back in gear again and I actually feel pretty good from it. I have a pain in my right heal so I am not able to get back into jogging but I can still do cardio on the elliptical machine.

Just remember, do the work and the rewards will be overwhelming.


5 Related Articles:
  1. Devotion To The Need.html
  2. Ma Huang What's The Deal
  3. What Is The Point
  4. Glycemic Index
  5. Spoil Yourself

No comments: