Monday, January 29, 2007

Succeed through substitution

I have been having a hell of a time trying to stay away from sugary foods like ice cream or candy or anything else that you can think of. Whenever the situation arises or the item is placed in front of me, I cannot help myself and I indulge in the treat. I know this is no excuse but my wife is pregnant and we both saw a commercial of McDonalds and we started talk about the French fries. I love the things and so does my pregnant wife. So what do we do about it? I hop into the van and drive over to the fast food establishment and buy two orders of medium French fries and one medium chocolate shake (I dip my fries into the shake…very good.). In the hope of dumping some but not all of the calories, my wife suggested to have half, or so, of my shake. Granted I was not very happy about that but in the end, it was for the best.

So what do I have for a suggestion in trying to stay away from crap like that? Substitution! Whenever you have the urge to indulge your taste buds, try to find something else that you like very much and eat or drink that instead. My substitution is coffee instead of a sugary treat. I love coffee, one would think that I would have a blog on that instead of losing weight and gaining muscle. Every time at work that we have donuts or some sort of treat, I will make a cup or two of coffee with my French press mug. I have come to own a French press mug so I can make my own cup of coffee and not have to worry about the crap that they serve at work.

I have already used the substitution method earlier today. I had two cups of coffee today because someone brought in some candy which ended up in the possession of a coworker. I have to say that the new method of substitution really worked nicely.

5 Related Articles:
  1. Devotion To The Need.html
  2. Ma Huang What's The Deal
  3. What Is The Point
  4. Glycemic Index
  5. Spoil Yourself

No comments: