Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Weight Loss – Water Water Everywhere….So Lets All Have A Drink.

A famous quote from the well known Homer Simpson from the “Simpsons.” When my wife and I go grocery shopping, we see a lot of people buy a large amount of soda. I have nothing against soda, aka “Pop,” but why fill yourself with that much calories and sugar when you very well that you cannot burn all of that at once unless you live a very active life style…..most people don’t. The caloric count of a soda can would be the same as if you were going to eat a couple of apples. At least with the apples you will satisfy some hunger needs and which will keep you satisfied longer than a can of soda.

I just find if interesting that people can drink so much soda and not think anything of it. I feel guilty after having a can of soda that I want to go and hit the gym but you know what? You need to treat yourself now and then to satisfy those hungers because if they are taken out of your diet you will either do one of two things: Go crazy and just engorge yourself in a bucket of candy and fried foods; OR Stop the diet all to together and then you are still eating that crap. I propose that you have a treat now and then. You could have a treat everyday at the end of the day, but be careful of what you are eating. You could also have one day set aside, Sunday, to eat whatever you want. This will give you a goal at the end of the week which is what I do. I feel that if I eat really good throughout the week then I can have a fried chicken and wash it down with some soda. What I have noticed by leaving your treats to the end of the week is that you are already in that train of thought so you limit yourself to what you eat on Sunday. I got to the point that I was not interested in candy bars and any kind of fried foods. I would crave shicken salads with an extra broil chicken breast on the side. I am talking in the past tense for the simple fact that I am a father of one and a husband to one. We eat healthy but my wife gives into the ice creams and candies so I give in too. If we didn’t think about it I would not have a problem with not having any of it in the house. I know what you are thinking, he is full of s*it and I would have to partially agree with you. I suggest having those things during the week day and she gives in, but the thing is…she is really slender and it does not seem to phase her one bit. She feels guilty afterwards but she doesn’t have to worry about her weight because she runs after a 22 month all day……let me tell you, that is an aerobic exercise if I have ever saw one.

No comments: